Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dragon Training Revisited


A quick reworking of my last Dragon Training image following some of the suggestions made by my internet friends (when I was young we were too poor to afford real friends).
A big thanks to everyone who dropped a comment especially Jon who commented on my Crossing Paths piece and even made a video tutorial! (still blown away by that), but left me with the dilemma of redoing the whole thing ;-P. Thanks everybody and good luck in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. I think the new tail coil made a big difference; much more than I'd expected.

    I'm surprised the dragon's head is white while its body is so much darker a blue. What if the whole dragon was white, or the head was blue, or it was blue with a white underbelly?

    I'd also try out some different cloud shapes and patterns. Even if you want to keep them low contrast you can use them to help with the composition and flow. Right now they're not really convincing. Try a few things out in Photoshop.

    In broader terms, I'd recommend putting some more energy into preliminary work; thumbnails for compositions, sketches for poses, gathering reference, value studies, those sorts of things. Those can be better times to look for advice, too, since a piece hasn't gotten too precious. (That's less of a problem here than with Crossing Paths, for example, where you're considering starting over.)

    ReplyDelete